Where to Find Scholarships in Oregon
There are thousands of scholarships that will give you money for college. But your best chance of earning a scholarship is to focus on opportunities locally. Specifically, look for scholarships from:
► Oregon colleges
Colleges give scholarships for good grades (aka academic merit), personal or family background, specific programs or majors, and/or special talents (including musical and athletic if the college is NCAA Division I or II or NAIA). Check for deadlines if you need to fill out an additional scholarship application.
- Bushnell University awards merit scholarships automatically
- Southern Oregon University has over 80 scholarships including a Diversity Scholarship
- Chemeketa Community College gives scholarships for students studying early childhood education, automotive repair, and more
- Pacific University offers scholarships for art, dance, forensics, and more
► State or local foundations and organizations
The more local the scholarship, the more likely you are to win! Check with your counseling office or college & career center for opportunities specifically for your high school or region.
- The Ford Family Foundation: Oregon and northern California students with significant financial need
- Oregon Physicians for Social Responsibility: BIPOC juniors and seniors in Oregon
- Red and Gena Leonard Foundation: Students from eastern Oregon high school who want to work in a skilled trade
► State or local membership organizations
Some scholarships require that you (or your parents) are a member.
- Oregon 4-H: Participated in 4-H for 3+ years, including current year
- SELCO Community Credit Union: Member or immediate family of a member, 3.5+ GPA, resident of Lane county
- Oregon Athletic Coaches Association: Student-athletes who are children of OACA members
► State or local companies / employers:
Companies may provide scholarships to any student who meets the criteria or only to employees and/or children of employees.
- Sub Pop: Students from Oregon or Washington interested in music and/or the creative arts
- Papa’s Pizza: Employee for at least one year or dependent of employee
- Precision Castparts: Children of Oregon employees