Info and resources for educators to help students and families with preparing, applying, paying and going to college.
There are countless websites and resources about going to college - it's hard to know where to begin. Oregon Goes To College is a great place to start! We focus on the basics of information about college with Oregon-specific resources and examples whenever possible.
Every other Wednesday, we provide you with the latest news and helpful resources related to getting ready for college, plus upcoming scholarships and events for students and educators.
The It’s A Plan checklists provide a comprehensive overview of the steps Oregon students should take for postsecondary success. Our free resources for middle school through college help educators, students, and families navigate the path to college.
Learn and connect with other counselors and college access professionals. Each call will include a short presentation, followed by discussion questions so you can learn and share from others who do similar work.
We provide resources and training to schools and community-based organizations to host three major events to help seniors apply, pay and go to college: College Application Week, College Cash Campaign and Decision Day. We also partner on the FAFSA/ORSAA Challenge.
Connect with other educators in Oregon who help students prepare, apply, pay and go to college. Ask questions and learn from others, relay your successes and challenges, and share helpful resources.
The Oregon GEAR UP website has even more resources for educators who are interested in creating a college-going culture at their school, including toolkits, publications, staff professional development, and a searchable database of research and resources.
We can't do this alone! We appreciate all of our partners who help Oregon go to college, especially our Educator Advisory Council who regularly provides feedback for improvement.
Free College Planning Curriculum
- Believing the College Dream & Realizing the College Dream: Curricula to inspire and motivate middle and high school students towards a college degree from ECMC. See how it aligns with the It's A Plan checklists.
- Career and College Readiness Lessons: Help students in grades 6-12 plan for their future with lessons from C3.
- CollegeEd®: A standards-based college planning and career exploration program for middle and high school students from the College Board. See how it aligns with the It's A Plan checklists.
- Step by Step: College awareness and planning curricula for students and families from elementary school through high school from NACAC. See how it aligns with the It's A Plan checklists.
- ECMC: Order or download the Opportunities workbook as well as one-page handouts.
- Federal Student Aid: Download brochures and fact sheets related to preparing and paying for college.
- Oregon GEAR UP: Download handouts, posters, and newsletters for students and families.
- OSAC: Order or download posters and brochures related OSAC programs and financial aid opportunities.
- State of Oregon Employment Department: Order or download the Oregon Careers publication as well as posters and brochures.
College & Career Fairs
- Careers in Gear, Medford
- Hatfield Marine Science Center Career Day, Newport
- Southern Oregon Trade Careers Expo, Canyonville
- MedQuest Health Career Choices Camp, La Grande
- NACAC & PNACAC College Fairs, Ashland, Eugene, Portland, Redmond, Roseburg
- Salem Area Chamber of Commerce College and Career Fair, Salem
- Northwest Youth Careers Expo, Portland
- Women in Trades Career Fair, Portland
- WOU Criminal Justice Careers Day, Monmouth